Date of Last Revision: 10/12/2017
NKLS, Inc. (“NKLS”) and its affiliates, operate this website (the “Site”) and the services related to or offered on the Site (hereinafter, the “Services”). NKLS’ Services may include, without limitation, tools, applications, email services, bulletin and message boards, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, calendars, merchandise, products and downloadable mobile applications related to the Site or provided through the Site.
The use of the phrase “Personal Information” in this Policy means information that identifies a specific person such as a person’s full name, address, e-mail address. The phrase “Anonymous Information” in this Policy means non-personal information that cannot reasonably be used to identify individual persons (e.g., interests, demographics and anonymous usage data).
By visiting this Site or using the Services, you are accepting the policies and practices described in this Policy. Each time you visit the Site or use the Services, you agree and expressly consent to NKLS’ collection, use and disclosure of the information that you provide as described in this Policy.
Your Personal Information will be processed by NKLS in the United States.
In addition to this general Policy, each Service may have additional privacy provisions that are specific to the particular Service. These supplemental disclosures are made adjacent to the particular Service at the time NKLS collects the information. These supplemental disclosures also govern the use of your information.
In general you can use the Site and/or Service without telling NKLS who you are or revealing any Personal Information about yourself. However, if you do not provide NKLS with certain requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services and features that may be contained on the Site and/or Service.
- INFORMATION GATHERED BY NKLS
NKLS collects information about you in the following ways:
Information you voluntarily provide NKLS.
NKLS collects and maintains information that you voluntarily submit to NKLS during your use of the Site and Services. For example:
- When you register for the Site, certain provided information to NKLS will be required such as your name and email address;
- When you post comments and/or content on the Site and/or Service information about you that accompanies those posts or content, which may include a name, user name, likes, status, profile information and/or picture. This information is always public, which means it is available to everyone and may be displayed in search results on external search engines.
- If you sign up to enter a contest or sweepstakes or receive a newsletter, if any, you may provide NKLS contact information (e.g., email or physical address);
- If you access or log-in to the Site and/or Services through a social media or other service or connect the Site and/or Services to a social media or other service, the information NKLS collects may also include your user ID and/or user name associated with that social media service, any information or content you have permitted the social media service to share with NKLS, such as your profile picture, email address or friends lists, and any information you have made public in connection with that social media service. When you access the Site and/or Services through social media services or when you connect the Site and/or Service to social media services, you are authorizing NKLS to collect, store, and use such information and in accordance with this Policy;
- If you purchase a product or service, you may provide NKLS your credit card information; and
- You may provide NKLS with Personal Information in the course of email, customer support interactions and surveys.
Information NKLS collects through your use of the Site.
As you use the Site and Services, certain information may also be passively collected. Through cookies, pixels, beacons, log files and other technologies, NKLS may collect information about how you use the Site and the Services. For example, NKLS may determine through an IP address that a particular computer or device is located in New York and NKLS may use this information to deliver advertisements promoting New York-based businesses. This information allows NKLS to deliver more helpful information, programs, tools and advertisements.
Information NKLS may also combine online and/or offline information received from third parties (“Third Parties”) with the information NKLS has already collected from you via NKLS’ Site and/or Services. The third party information is used for a variety of purposes including verifying other information about you and to enhance the content and advertising NKLS provides to you.
NKLS and Third Parties may customize the advertisements that you see based upon: (i) the information that you provide NKLS; (ii) data NKLS receives from third parties; or (iii) your visits on the Site or use of Services and other websites or services (commonly referred to as “Behavioral Advertising”). Please see the “Cookies and Targeted Advertising” section below for more information on the use of tracking technologies and the information collected for Behavioral Advertising, and how you can delete cookies.
- HOW NKLS USES YOUR INFORMATION
NKLS may use your Personal Information in the ways described below or described at the time that the information is collected.
In general, NKLS and Third Parties use your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate for purposes including, but not limited, to:
- administer your account;
- register you and provide you access to the Site and/or Services;
- respond to inquiries or requests in connection with the Site;
- fulfill your requests for products or services;
- send communications and administrative emails about the Site and/or Services;
- personalize and better tailor the features, performance and support of the Site and Services for your use;
- send you Site and/or Service-related communications, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
- send you newsletters and other messages, including changes to features of the Site and/or Service and special offers that you may opt out of by clicking “unsubscribe” in the email. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
- send you promotional/marketing information, offers or other information regarding opportunities and functionality that NKLS thinks would be of particular interest to you;
- improve the quality of the Site and the Services; and
- analyze, benchmark and conduct research on user data and user interactions with the Site and Services.
- COOKIES AND TARGETED ADVERTISING
Tracking Technologies (e.g., Cookies)
Cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser’s directions within the help tab. In order to use certain Services offered through the Site, your web browser must accept cookies. If you choose to disable cookies, some aspects of the Site or Service may not work properly, and you may not be able to access the Site and/or Services.
An “Internet protocol address” or “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. NKLS, its partners or their respective service providers, may use your IP Address when you access the Site or Services or use other means to assist with delivering geographically targeted advertisements.
NKLS adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising of the Digital Advertising Alliance (for more information click here at http://www.aboutads.info/consumers).
- HOW NKLS DISCLOSES INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
NKLS may share your information with its parent companies, affiliates, and/or subsidiaries and with third parties under the circumstances described below. If you do not want NKLS to use or disclose information collected about you in the ways identified in this Policy, you should not use the Site or Services.
NKLS may disclose and release your Personal Information to government representatives: (a) to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; or (b) in special cases, such as a physical threat to you or others, a threat to homeland security, a threat to NKLS’ system or network, or in any cases in which NKLS believes it is reasonably necessary to investigate or prevent harm, fraud, abuse, illegal conduct or a violation or alleged violation of this Policy or other agreement NKLS may have with you.
NKLS may provide your Personal Information to service providers who work on its behalf or help NKLS to operate NKLS’ business, the Site and the Services. Examples of such service providers include vendors and suppliers that provide NKLS with technology, services, and/or content for sending email, analyzing data, research, providing advertising and marketing assistance, processing payments (including credit card payments), and providing customer service. Access to your Personal Information by these service providers is limited to the information reasonably necessary to perform its limited function.
NKLS may share aggregated Anonymous Information about you with the Third Parties. Aggregated information is your Anonymous Information that is combined with the Anonymous Information of other users.
NKLS may share your Personal Information and/or any other information collected hereunder with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies. Additionally, in the event NKLS goes through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your Personal Information may be among the assets transferred. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and are permitted by this Policy.
NKLS may make message boards, chat rooms, blogs, product review forums and other interactive forums available as part of the Services. You should be aware that any information which you post to these interactive forums or otherwise choose to make publicly available, including your Personal Information, may be disclosed and available to all users who have access to that portion of the Site or Services. By using these interactive Services, you agree that NKLS is not responsible for any information that you disclose or communicate in such forums, and any disclosures you make are at your own risk.
- ACCESS AND CONTROL
At this time NKLS does not respond to browser ‘Do Not Track’ signals, as NKLS awaits the work of interested stakeholders and others to develop standards for how such signals should be interpreted.
The Site and Services are not directed or intended for children under 13 years of age. NKLS does not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, you should not register or provide Personal Information on the Site or through the Services. If you are the parent or guardian of a child whom you believe has disclosed Personal Information to NKLS, please contact NKLS at hey@NKLS.com so that NKLS may delete and remove such child’s information from NKLS’ systems.
You may, of course, decline to submit Personal Information through the Site and/or Service, in which case the Site and/or Service may not be able to provide certain services to you.
NKLS offers you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. When you receive promotional communications from NKLS, you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional e-mail you receive.
If you would like assistance disabling your account please contact us through the Site.
Keep in mind, however, that even if you delete information from your account and/or profile, NKLS may retain your Personal Information in conformance with its data retention policy and Personal Information may remain within NKLS’ databases, access logs, and other records. In addition, NKLS is not responsible for updating or removing your Personal Information contained in the lists or databases of third parties who have been provided information as permitted by this Policy.
- OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The Site may link to websites operated by third parties that NKLS does not control. NKLS does not monitor, control, or endorse the information collection or privacy practices of any third parties. NKLS encourages you to become familiar with the privacy practices of every website you visit and to contact them if you have any questions about their respective privacy policies and practices. This Policy applies solely to information collected by NKLS through the Site or Services and does not apply to these third party websites. The ability to access information of third parties from the Site or Services, or links to other websites or locations, is for your convenience only and does not signify NKLS’ endorsement of such third parties, their products, services, websites, locations or their content.
NKLS places a priority on the security of Personal Information, and NKLS undertakes reasonable security measures to help protect the data that resides on its servers. NKLS also uses secure server software (SSL) to process all financial transactions that occur on the Site. SSL technology can encrypt Personal Information transmitted over the Internet. However, no security system is impenetrable. NKLS does not warrant the security of its servers, nor does NKLS warrant that your information, including Personal Information, will be completely secure or not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet.
In addition, NKLS is not responsible for the privacy or data security practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Apple, Google, Microsoft or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including in connection with any information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Services.
If you have any questions regarding privacy or this Policy, you may contact through the Site.
NKLS reserves the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time and without prior notice, and any changes will become effective immediately upon being posted unless NKLS advises you otherwise. Your continued use of the Site or Services after this Policy has been amended shall be deemed to be your continued acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Policy, as amended. NKLS encourages you to bookmark this Web page and review this Policy regularly.